- 3 slices center-cut bacon $
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 medium bulb)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh baby spinach $
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings, and crumble. Add the shrimp to pan, and cook 2 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Combine bacon, 2 cups fennel, grape tomatoes, red onion, and baby spinach in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add the shrimp and balsamic mixture to spinach mixture; toss well.