This recipe makes 4 serving(s)Ingredients:
- 1 large onion(s), yellow thinly sliced
- 2 large pepper(s), red, bell sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced (may substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, red flakes (or to taste)
- 4 piece(s) chicken, breast, boneless, skinless medium-thin (may substitute 8 chicken tenders)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, Kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 1/3 cup(s) vinegar, balsamic (use a good-quality, aged variety if possible)
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, diced (15-ounce) well drained, preferably no salt added
Liberally coat a large sauté pan with oil spray, and preheat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Add additional oil spray or a tablespoon of water if the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the skillet.Add the garlic (or garlic powder) and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Season the chicken breasts with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Add the balsamic vinegar and canned tomatoes, and bring the liquids to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Amount per Serving
- Calories: 255
- Protein: 40.0 g
- Total Fat: 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 95 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
- Sodium: 205 mg